Skip to main content

May 3 Tiered Tray and Cart

If you're new here...I LOVE home decor. I found this tray at hobby lobby around Christmas time. I decorate it every month or season depending. For example, I did Christmas (December), Winter (January), Valentine's Day (Feb- and also target has so many cute and cheap things to stick in the tray so it was easy), and then I skipped straight to carrots for March/April (and May...LOL). Hey, were in quarantine so I enjoyed that carrot decor as long as I could (click here to see it).

So anyways...when Hobby Lobby finally opened again I couldn't wait to do my tray and cart. However, I couldn't find anything I LOVED. I saw the ice cream cone plant picture (below) and wanted to work off of that. It ended up turning into a 'strawberry ice cream' theme. I'm not in love with it, but it's growing on me ;). I really wanted to do something with plants, but also spring/summer so I guess it works!

Now for what I put in the tray:
  • little square/circle magnets are hobby lobby, perfect fillers
  • the greenery is hobby lobby and I used it for my carrot tray (you can easily reuse greenery for different trays)
  • flowers- I plucked those off some random dollar store flowers I had in my office
  • pearls- again hobby lobby, but I actually bought these on clearance at Christmas time, I think they are for tree decorating
  • mug- rae dunn, I got it off facebook market place for my valentine's tray and it worked perfectly for my strawberry ice cream tray! (I always stick a mug in my tray for dimension)
  • strawberries- hobby lobby in the artificial fruit/fairy garden area




Here is my bar cart. I got this at Big Lots a couple of years ago. I LOVE it because I hate having a junk drawer. I store miscellaneous stuff in the box with the lid (because I hate clutter LOL). The middle two boxes are for important papers and office supplies. 

Now for the decor:
  • ice cream cone "enjoy the little things" picture- hobby lobby (main decor object)
  • pink vase JoAnn fabrics
  • pink mug (from my little student, Cam Cat), I always put a mug on here or two ;)
  • the other mug is rae dunn- TJ Maxx, I stuck a succulent in it that I got from Home Deopt
  • the big gather around sign is from hobby lobby
  • the little plant sign is from JoAnn Fabrics
  • picture frames always stay (my niece and her pup, my grandpas, and Sulley)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Charms Writing

 Friday we made these little cereal boxes. I had it up on our front board and they were so shocked at how much it looked like a real cereal box lol. I printed it out in black and white so they could color it how they want. I try to do a mix of craftivities where they use colored cardstock and then some they can be creative and make it however they want!  I tried to tell them they didn't have to write a whole sentence because a. the pictures are small / they have big handwriting and b. I thought it would be easier lol, but because they rock - a lot of them were writing full blown sentences. Bless them! lol I had them write in pencil first then they were allowed to go over it in sharpie if they wanted to. In our classroom we have a bin of sharpies I keep behind my desk. I labeled them at the beginning of the year and we are still going strong!!! That was probably one of my top ten ideas ever as a Kindergarten teacher. It helps responsibility because no one wants to lose their ca...

SUBTRACTION WINTER CRAFT

If you've been around for awhile you know that I LOVE craftivities. I think they are so much more fun than just the regular day to day lessons and even more than random stations. I typically tend to hate station games and cut out cards because they get lost and what not. #iykyk Over winter break I was trying to prep to come back and I knew I wanted to start doing a math craft every Friday. I am a creature of habit and routine, so I want to start doing Monday-Thursday stations and Friday craftivities. I saw a few subtraction craftivities on pinterest, but they weren't really sparking my interest. I wanted something different than something being eaten and it needed to be winter themed. So penguins on and off an iceberg just popped into my head.   I decided to first let my kids color the penguins. I also made them number the back because I knew they would be all over the ground and no one would know which are theirs. So we did that, but it took longer than expected so I collected...

Weekly Recap

Happy Valentine's Day! I used to feel like I needed something to do on Valentine's day, but now that I'm old and wise (lol) I don't care and I just want to make it fun for my kids. As you can see, I thought making slime would be fun... The kids were so excited and hype, but my desk was a disaster and it didn't go as planned lol. Last year I hired someone to come in and face paint, but obviously with Covid we couldn't do that this year. I mainly did the slime because they have been keeping their bookshelves clean and tidy without being asked and I wanted to let them know I appreciate that.  On Valentine's day we also watched a Number Jacks movie (their favorite- it also was only like 40 minutes which I like because it isn't extremely long) and really didn't do anything else that was party related because we had a intruder drill which took up a chunk of time and I told them we HAD to do math stations. However, I think the movie and slime was fine with ...