Skip to main content

Ice Cream Dramatic Play


I get so many questions when I post my dramatic plays so I am going to share all about our Ice Cream Shop. Of course dramatic play looks different, as all Covid things do, but we are staying safe, modifying what I am used to (let's be real they don't know any different) and still living our best Kindergarten life. :)

First thing I always get asked is how I made this stand. Well I took Sulley to Home Depot and we bought the 4 wooden crates. I took them in the back and asked someone to help me measure and cut wood so I would have a piece to cover the top. Almost like a counter if you will. Then I knew I wanted it to look like a lemonade stand so they measured for that too and gave me all the pieces. Now mind you I said I need the easiest and cheapest wood to work with because I am NOT handy. So the guy gives me oak, come to find out the most EXPENSIVE and you can't just hammer through it. Thanks home depot guy....so anyways I got the crates together and then my neighbor came over and helped me with the oak pieces and there you have it. Literally an hour project if that.
    

These pictures are from last year. Hence they were taken outside because I did this when it was not snowing yet. It currently is snowing and like 7 degrees here so I would not be hauling this thing outside for better lighting LOL. 

Inside the Shop:
Ice Cream= Styrofoam balls from Hobby Lobby, cut pieces of felt, hot glue them around and when you seal it will form that wave making it look like ice cream
Containers= dollar tree 3 or 4 for a dollar
Cherries= red sparkle poms from Hobby Lobby
Cones= I got them from Target, but I don't suggest using real cones, the art teacher gave us these hard paper fake cones that I like better because no mess....lol
Scoops= target dollar spot
Spoons and Bowls= just plasticware
Whipped Cream= real kind...I know I'm crazy lol
Chocolate Sauce= real kind...I know I'm crazy lol
Sprinkles= real, but I just tell them to pretend and not open
Order Forms (not pictured), Signs, and Labels= made by me
Paper Cash Register= came with antsy pantsy something
Money= just fake kind from Lakeshore
Sign Décor= target dollar spot

    


People ALWAYS feel the need to comment that they can't do dramatic play because it doesn't align to the standards. Well I do it in math and we add and subtract and have a great time. ;) I could go into so much detail about how good this type of play is for them, but I won't lol. The hardest part for them at the beginning is problem solving who gets what role. As you can see I have the nametags for them. There are only a certain amount of each. They know they aren't allowed to interrupt me when they can problem solve on their own so I quickly start to hear okay we will be the workers today and then you can be the workers tomorrow. It's honestly the cutest thing since cupcakes. My favorite part though is the vocabulary I hear them using.

I will just leave these speaking and listening standards right here. LOL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Presents with My Husband

This will be my third Christmas with my husband and two years ago we decided on no Christmas gifts. Instead, we (I lol) decided that we should do an ornament exchange.  A few years back I took out my grandma's ornaments with her and saw all the sweet ornaments family had given her, but my favorite were the ones from my grandpa. She even wrote the date and where he got them from...so sweet.  So anyways, I thought it would be cool to start doing that and then we could look back and one day our kids and grandkids could also look back. Our first year I got Nick an animal crossing ornament that I drove all over Florida to find lol and he got me a locket ornament, which he didn't even know what a locket was and there was a random couple inside haha. Here is the little cutie! I have been wanting to do an ornament of just stuff we were into each year. I finally got to it! Here is 2021... and 2022... I put shows and food we were obsessed with and some pictures! I sell them on my Etsy sh

Reindeer Pictures

My most asked about Christmas gift! Here is the step by step on how to do it. First hang paper somewhere. I use the bulletin board and I only need this amount because they are small lol. I do yellow because when using remove tools sometimes they are wearing green or white because it's christmas themed and then it's a pain. Have the kids stand facing however your back drop photo is. The reindeer is to the left of ours so I have them face that way. I give them options like reach your arm out, look that way, gasp with your hands on your cheeks, etc. Here is the link to the background I purchased on Etsy. Then upload the pictures to your computer and either remove background in PowerPoint or if you have canva pro you can do it there too with the magic eraser tool! I will be using canva this year, but I have used PP for a long time and it's fine. If you need a video tutorial click here or click the picture above and it will take you to my Tik Tok. You can stick it in an ornamen

Fun Gingerbread Books

My favorite books for gingerbread week! Click on the pictures for links. :) I love The Gingerbread Girl. This one is by far my favorite. It's about a fierce and sassy gingerbread girl. I love this one because I dress up as her for our gingerbread day. I just ordered this book ...LOL First, I'm obsessed with twins, so I needed it, but also how cute. I just watched it on YouTube to see if I liked it or not. The fox is the one who makes the cookies lol. This little book is super cute ! The gingerbread cookie travels through the school, which the kids love because they are familiar with all the spots. If you love the 'how to catch' series, you have to get this one for your collection!